CredibleRx™ - Prescribing Tools
This section provides learning modules and links to other useful resources on credible therapeutics to help improve patient safety.
- Flockhart's Table - Clinically relevant P450 drug Interactions
A detailed, referenced list of drugs sorted by P450 originally developed by the late David A. Flockhart, MD, PhD and now maintained by the Clinical Pharmacology Division of Indiana University School of Medicine.
- Clinical Pharmacology Education Module 1 (ppt.file): A case-based teaching tool on drug interactions for healthcare educators - developed in partnership with FDA.
- Overview of Drug-induced Long QT Syndrome: The Long QT syndrome and its associated life-threatening arrhythmia, Torsades de Pointes, are important clinical conditions for all physicians and health-care providers to be able to recognize and manage, because they can occur with so many medications.
- Medications that Interact with Methadone: An overview of methadone's potential to interact with other medications.
- AzCERT publications
CredibleDx™ - Pharmacogenetic Diagnostics
AzCERT and the American Medical Association (AMA) jointly developed educational brochures for clinicians on how genetic variations can affect a patient's response to prescription medications. Both brochures were reviewed by leading professional organizations and FDA scientists.
- Personalized health care report 2008: Warfarin and Genetic Testing - discusses the gene variants that affect warfarin dosing.
- Pharmacogenomics: Increasing the safety and effectiveness of drug therapy - includes case-based studies with abacavir (Ziagen), clopidogrel (Plavix), codeine, and warfarin.
Contact us for printed brochures.
Other CredibleMedia™ Resources:
- The Inherited Long QT Syndrome
A slide presentation by Arthur Moss, MD and the Scientific Advisory Board of the Cardiac Arrhythmia Research and Education Foundation (CARE).